Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Tour: Understimated by Jettie Woodruff


Title:Underestimated
Author: Jettie Woodruff
Genre: Adult Romance
Publication Date: June 26, 2013


Warning! This is not your everyday fall in love romance. This book contains disturbing situations, strong language, graphic, sexual content, some forced, some not. If it's your happily ever after love story that you are looking for, you should probably move on. If you are up for the ride, stick around and it may just turn into a love story after all.

Morgan starts her life in a bad situation, she doesn't really know what she wants out of life. She's never had anyone to look up to, or help guide her in the right direction. She had it rough, and never dreamed that it could get worse, however she finds that it can, and does.
She learns what real hell is when she meets the husband that she doesn't want to marry, but isn't given a choice. Can she escape? She can, and does only to wake up and find herself right back at square one


 I want to start by saying that this book is not for the faint of heart. That out of the way, let’s proceed with the review…
Morgan has a rough childhood and on top of trying to take care of herself she also have to take care of her brother.  Life becomes even more difficult for her when at 18 and still a virgin her father sells her to a rich man by the name of Drew.  They get married and to the outside world she lives the perfect life in a mansion, she doesn’t have to work and has people who clean, cook for her.  Problem is, that her world inside that big mansion consists of her husband abusing her sexually and emotionally trying to break her. With time Morgan found herself getting aroused  and responding to Drew’s sexual preferences.
A few years later Morgan steals money from Drew and starts a new life under the name of Riley Murphy. Little by little she starts living her life the way she chooses and starts making friends, including the town’s sheriff with whom she develops a romantic relationship and to whom she confesses details from her previous life.  She’s finally living a normal life.
But life wasn’t going to be that easy for Riley. While in Vegas buying merchandise for the store she was working at Riley gets in a car accident and when she wakes up she’s back to being Morgan, and Drew is right there by her side.
The story gets interesting at this point and Morgan, for the first time while with Drew, starts taking charge of her life.
This book will mess with your head and just when you think you have it all figured out, it takes you down another, more complicated road. I’ve never been the victim of physical abuse but it was a very hard book for me to read. And maybe because the way I am (strong headed)  I didn’t understand why Morgan stayed in an abusive situation as long as she did. I had no problem with the way Jettie wrote the book I think it worked perfectly with the story and the characters and incredibly interesting, even though I wanted to smack the hell out of them at times. I HATED Drew to the very last page, and didn’t understand Morgan reasons to for the choices she made at the end. That said it didn’t take from being a great story.








Writing is more than a passion for me. I write adult books, romance and erotica. I did recently try my hand at a young adult romance, but because of the gutter that my mind seems to fall into. It quickly went into rated R mode. I reside in Ohio. I love living in Ohio, except maybe the cold winters, and the snow, well maybe the hot summers too. Ah hell, I hate Ohio.

I love to push my limits in writing, fuel the senses and emotions of my readers. I have some great supporters and love them all dearly.








No comments:

Post a Comment