Sunday, February 22, 2015

Release Day Blitz: Sing Like Nobody's Listening by SJ McCoy


Title : Sing Like Nobody's Listening  
Author : SJ McCoy
Release date : February 22nd










Kenzie Reid is a survivor. She's been out on her own since she was seventeen years old. She may not have much to show for it, but she's made her own way in the world. Other than her sister, Megan, no one has ever cared whether she lived or died—not even her own parents. 

When Kenzie visits Summer Lake to make sure Megan is okay there, the quaint little town threatens to cast its spell over her, too. The place has its attractions, not the least of which is Chase, the lead singer with the local band. Kenzie knows attraction doesn't last though and besides, she's not cut out for small town life.

Chase Harper lives a life many guys would envy. He sings in a band, hangs with his guys, can have any woman he wants—and usually does. When he meets Kenzie, he soon realizes he'd gladly give it all up. He believes what they have could be a one-of-a-kind, but first he'll have to convince her that it's more than just a one-off. 

Will two people who weren't looking for a relationship learn to trust one another enough to make it work?


Buy Links:




Kenzie was stunned by the effect he had on her. He took his time looking her over. She felt powerless as her body responded to him. She was used to men checking her out, but usually she was more aware of the effect she had on them than they had on her. Men were simple creatures. They were aroused by what they saw, and they only saw the facade. They saw the short skirts, the clingy tops, the brash blonde who gave as good as she got—usually better. As Chase's gaze took her in, it felt like he was seeing past all of that, seeing her naked, in every respect. She'd have to be careful with this one. He was a pro.

He slowly lifted his gaze to meet hers. His lips curled up into a satisfied smile, knowing the effect he'd had on her. “Yeah. I was wondering where you'd gotten to, lover.” He narrowed his eyes, his smile sending shivers down Kenzie's back. “I told you earlier. You'll be coming with me tonight.”

Kenzie barely registered the girl walking away. She was too busy trying to catch her breath, attempting to ignore the butterflies in her stomach, and the heat starting to build between her legs. Damn him he was hot! For the first time she could remember, she wanted to back off. This guy was dangerous. “Don't you think that's a little presumptuous?” She arched an eyebrow at him.

As he grinned at her, his eyes told her he knew, knew that she was backpedaling. “Not at all. I think our earlier conversation was quite explicit about what we both want.” As he spoke, he reached out and placed his hand on her hip, his fingertips tracing the small of her back while his thumb circled her hip bone.

Smooth move! She had to give him that—and if he didn't stop it soon, she'd give him anything he wanted and more. The heat between her legs was spreading through her as a deep desire for him while he held her gaze.

“Unless I misunderstood?” He drew her a little closer. “I know what I want.” His eyes were mesmerizing, a gorgeous hazel color not unlike her own. They were laughing down at her as he asked, “You're not really going to tell me you don't want me, are you?”

Kenzie shook her head. She wasn't about to admit how badly she wanted him either or that she might have finally met her match. She took a deep breath and smiled back at him. “I wouldn't lie to you, Chase. We both know I want you.” She gave a little chuckle. “Almost as much you want me, but I can't tonight.”

She was relieved to see the disappointment, quickly followed by determination, cross his face. She was back in the driver's seat. “Why not, darlin'? What could be more important than taking this back to my place?”

“My little sister is much more important. I'm only here for the weekend. I can't just abandon her because some guy wants to sleep with me.” It was true. No matter how much she wanted Chase, she needed to figure out what Megan was getting herself into. Her first impression of Michael hadn't done much to reassure her. She really shouldn't go home with this guy tonight. She needed to stay with Megan.

Chase laughed. The sound of it, so deep and genuine, made her smile. “I wasn't planning on letting you sleep.”
She grinned back at him. “Figure of speech. I wouldn't let you get any rest either.”

“So why are you playing with me if we're not going to do this?”

“I didn't say we're not going to do this, did I? I said I can't tonight.”

His grin was so sexy! “So are you saying you can tomorrow night?”

“Maybe.”

He shook his head at her and caught her hand. “Come with me a minute? I want to show you something.”

She nodded and let him lead her away from the crowd. They walked all the way to the end of the deck and down the steps onto the beach. It was dark down here, the noise from the Boathouse was dulled by the steady lapping of the water against the stones on the shore.

Kenzie had to catch her breath again when he came to a stop and she looked up at him. He was gorgeous! The moonlight shone on his face as he pulled her towards him. He was smiling down at her.

“So what did you want to show me?”

“What you're going to be missing.” As he spoke, he closed his arms around her, crushing her to his hard chest. His lips came down on hers as one hand slid down to clasp her ass and hold her against another hard part of him.

Kenzie's mind spun away as her hands came up to tangle in his hair. He was biting her lips, demanding entry. She bit back, nibbling his lower lip. He closed both hands around her ass while he walked her backward until he had her up against one of the concrete blocks that supported the deck. Caught between his hands and thrusting hips, she moaned. Chase took advantage of her parted lips and claimed her mouth, his tongue sliding inside exploring, demanding. She moved her hips with his as she kissed him back, grasping his ass, moving him in her time. She parted her legs a little, needing to feel his hard cock pressing into her. God she wanted him! She wanted him out of his jeans and inside her panties. Why the hell had she chickened out? His fingers were teasing her nipple through her dress, driving her crazy. She couldn't remember ever wanting a man like she wanted Chase right now.

Footsteps came thundering down the steps from the deck, laughter and voices brought her back to her senses. She broke away from him. At least she broke away from his lips. His arms tightened around her middle, his cock pressed deeper between her legs, making her hang on to his shoulders. The look in his eyes took her breath away when he spoke. “Come with me? We can't stop this now.”

If it weren't for the look in his eyes, she would have agreed with him. But his eyes were talking about a whole lot more than just the amazing sex they could be having. He looked confused, dazed, and desperate not to let go. Perhaps she could have ignored that. Her own desire might have been enough to override what she saw in his eyes—if it weren't for the fact that it mirrored what she felt. A kiss had never made her feel this mixed up before. She wanted to explore it, explore him, his mind as well as his body. But that was far too scary. She'd been right from the beginning. This man was dangerous!

“We have to stop this now!” She pushed him off her, a little disappointed that he made no attempt to pin her there and convince her. She started to walk away from him, back towards the steps up to the deck.

“Are you even going to tell me your name?”

She turned back and smiled at him. “Kenzie.”

He caught up with her and closed his arms around her waist. Again she was powerless to stop him. Truth be told, she didn't want him to stop. Seeming to sense that, he drew her closer with a smile.

“I like it. I never heard that name before.”

She smiled back. “That's because I'm one of a kind.”






Hi, I'm SJ. A coffee addict, lover of chocolate and drinker of good red wines. I'm a lost soul and a hopeless romantic. Reading and writing are necessary parts of who I am. Though perhaps not as necessary as coffee! I can drink coffee without writing, but I can't write without coffee.

I grew up loving romance novels, my first boyfriends were book boyfriends, but life intervened, as it tends to do, and I wandered down the paths of non fiction for many years. My life changed completely a couple of years ago and I returned to Romance to find my escape.

I write 'Sweet N Steamy' stories because to me there is enough angst and darkness in real life. My favorite romances are happy escapes with a focus on fun, friendships and happily-ever-afters, just like the ones I write.

These days I live in beautiful Montana, the last best place. If I'm not reading or writing you'll find me just down the road in the park - Yellowstone. I have deer, eagles and the occasional bear for company, and I like it that way :0)








No comments:

Post a Comment