Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Reason to Breathe by C.P. Smith

Book Cover Original

Goodreads

Title: A Reason to Breathe

Author: C.P. Smith

Release Day: January 21, 2014

Hosted by: A Dirty Book Affair

11497598-vintage-elements-and-borders-set-for-ornate-and-decoration (1)

Book Synopsis:

Love at first sight was never so dangerous. Jack Gunnison has a problem, well, two actually, one is 5'5" and the other is a Killer. Jennifer Stewart needs a change after losing her husband and, sending her daughter off to college. Moving to the high country of Colorado to restart her life and, follow her dreams, Jenn gets more than she bargained for when she attracts the eye of a killer. Together, Jack and Jenn must figure out his identity, before he strikes again.
11497598-vintage-elements-and-borders-set-for-ornate-and-decoration (1)

Excerpt:

“I wasn’t telling you what to do, I’m the Sheriff of this county. I was telling you to back off so I could do my job, which incidentally, is keeping the residents, meaning you, safe. I’d tell anyone who was acting recklessly and putting his or her safety at risk to stop. You’re using that as an excuse to end things that haven’t even begun. I’m telling you right now, I’m not backing off; you intrigue the hell out of me with your smart mouth and sweetness, all at the same time. I haven’t met a woman in 20 years that’s piqued my interest like you have, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let you run from me because you’re stubborn.” That shut her up, and I heard her breathing hard on the other end of the phone, so I waited for her to reply, but got dead air.
“Jenn? –Swear to Christ you’re the most stubborn woman I’ve ever—”
“You scare me,” she whispered.
“Yeah? Well join the club, cause you sure as shit scare the fuck out of me.”
11497598-vintage-elements-and-borders-set-for-ornate-and-decoration (1)

Author Bio:

C.P. Smith is a mother of 5 and has a vivid imagination. Married 26 years and a stay at home Mom, she spent most of the time she wasn't hauling kids places, reading. Ms.Smith loves a good HEA, but not finding enough stories with older couples in them, and knowing from experience that love and passion doesn't end at forty, she set out to write her own stories for the more mature reader. Her hope is all the twenty-something's out there will understand, that just cause you're older and wiser, it doesn't mean you stop having dreams about love and passion.

Connect With C.P.:

Facebook

Book-page-001

No comments:

Post a Comment